04 Apr How to transform your backyard with an outodoor storage building
As a homeowner, you naturally want to make improvements to your home and property that will not only enhance its aesthetic appeal but add to its practical uses, all while increasing the value of your real estate investment. There are many ways to do this of course, but one of the most popular and effective ways is to add an attractive and useful outdoor storage building. This relatively inexpensive home improvement option can provide years of practical service not only as utility barns for the storage of tools, equipment, and other things, but in ways that are limited only by your imagination. You can transform your domestic lifestyle with a modern outdoor storage building from Barnyard Utility Buildings of the Carolinas.
Why A New Outdoor Storage Building?
Even if you already have an existing older utility building on your property it’s a great idea to add to or replace it with a newer one. It can provide a high return on your investment in many ways. Here are just a few of the benefits of a modern outdoor storage building.
- Appearance. Modern utility barns and storage buildings simply look much better than their vintage counterparts, which were usually nothing more than a plain plywood box with doors. With the materials and options available today, including siding available in several materials and including vinyl, wood, and metal, and in many colors, they can be decorated and customized to be small homes themselves, both inside and out. You can decorate them to look just like the traditional barns in Charlotte, NC that are seen everywhere, or to look like just about anything you want. Flexibility in appearance is a major benefit of a new outdoor storage building.
- Storage options. As the outside of a modern utility barn can be finished in a variety of ways, so can the interior construction. Customized plans can easily be created to accommodate just about any type of storage requirement, and make it possible to design the building for any number of other uses. The possibilities are nearly endless.
- Weather resistance. Incredible strides have been made in the technology used to design and manufacture modern construction materials. They are much more durable and efficient than those used even a decade ago, able to stand up to weather, atmospheric conditions, pests, moisture, and decay to an extent unheard of not many years ago. All Barnyard Utility Building structures are constructed with the same type of materials that are used in building residential homes.
Barnyard Utility Buildings is ready and able to tear down and dispose of old and unwanted outdoor structures, just let us know when you are ready to upgrade and add value to your home or property!
Types Of Outdoor Storage Buildings We Offer
Barnyard Utility Buildings offers two basic types of what we call our ‘Classic’ buildings. Mini Barns closely resemble the traditional American barn style so often seen in rural areas all across the nation, and add a touch of down-home rusticity and nostalgia to any property, as well as offering all the practical utility value of the larger originals. With their taller sidewalls, you have the option of adding an upstairs loft to increase useful space.
Our Gable style outdoor storage buildings feature the A-frame style roof line of a common residential house. They have been and remain the most popular choice for those living in subdivisions and suburban neighborhoods.
Both our Mini Barn and Gable style buildings are available in many sizes and configurations to meet almost any need and available yard area. Porches are a popular addition to create a comfortable place to relax, as are lean-to roofs to provide protection for a car, tractor, or boat.
Creative Uses For An Outdoor Storage Building
Of course, all of our outdoor buildings can be used for all the usual purposes of utility barns, as a place to park your lawn mower and hang your tools, as a workshop, and as a catchall storage space for all the things you may not want or have room for in your garage or home. But there are so many other ways you can customize an outdoor building from Barnyard. Remember, all of our buildings can be wired for electricity and water, allowing you to install lights, air conditioning, and heat. Here are just a few examples of what you can do with an outdoor storage building.
- Man cave. Every man likes to have his own personal space where he can relax with his buddies or by himself and just, well, be a man. You can add masculine furniture and decorations that reflect your personal tastes, an entertainment center, a bar, even a pool table. A place that men can truly call his castle.
- She shed. Women like a place to get away from it all too. This is the converse of a man cave. Create a comfortable reading and lounge area, a place for yoga practice, a gardening area or porch for relaxing and hanging out with friends over a cup of coffee or tea.
- Backyard playhouse. An outdoor building makes a great playhouse for children. Put in their toys and child-size furniture and your kids or grandkids will have endless fun playing house and just having their own special place.
- Business office or shop. If you operate a small business and need some office space away from the distractions of the main house, or if you need space to run a small shop to create your products, an outdoor building could be your perfect solution.
- Library. As any book lover knows, books take up a lot of room, and they need to be protected from those who would handle them roughly. A separate building not only provides the space you need but a quiet place to read and study too.
If you’d like more information on outdoor storage buildings and barns in Charlotte, NC and how they can transform your backyard with the designs and options you require, contact Barnyard Utility Buildings today to get a free quote and find out about our easy financing plans.